Sonoma County is expecting sub-freezing temperatures at night through at least Friday (12/13/13). Please review our tips for preserving your favorite plants and shrubs during any overnight freeze in your area.
- Freeze watch conditions can kill or severely damage vulnerable plants and can burst pipes
- If the soil around plants looks dry, give it some water today or tomorrow during daylight hours
- Cover sensitive plants with a frost blanket or apply an anti-dessicant to help reduce damage
- Turn off your irrigation controller if it is not equipped with a freeze sensor
- Cover exposed pipes and irrigation parts with a towel or blanket
- Do not get water on hardscape areas during overnight hours as it will likely freeze and create unsafe conditions