Landscaping does much more than beautifying the exterior of a house. A property’s overall value increases with a well-done landscape. If it is time to give your home a facelift, it is crucial to get a reliable company that offers impressive landscaping services in Sonoma County.
Our Gardenworks Inc. team knows that choosing the right landscaping company can be an overwhelming task. Here is a guide to help you choose the right company.
Identify Your Needs
To make it easy for you and the service provider of your choice, it’s best to know what you need. There are apparent details like whether the work is for a residential or commercial building. You should, however, ask yourself:
- Do you want a landscaping project or garden installed?
- Does the work need maintenance services? If it does, which one exactly?
- Are you looking for landscape and design architecture services?
- How much you are willing and able to spend on the project
- By when do you need the job complete?
Vet the Companies Offering Landscaping Services in Sonoma County
Take some time and browse through the websites of the various firms providing landscaping services. Check the services the businesses render in comparison to what you need. Read the reviews from past clients. After vetting the available companies, narrow down to the top three.
Interview Your Best Three Picks
It is easier to engage the companies with a lean list now. Ensure that you ask the same questions to all the service providers you interview. Some of the things to consider are:
- Check the portfolios and brochures of completed jobs
- Engage former clients that had projects similar to yours. It would be nice to speak to customers receiving maintenance services as well
- Get an itemized quotation
- Request for the company credentials. Do not contract a company that does not have required papers in place. Your service provider of choice should be insured and licensed for operations.
- Ask for a copy of the insurance binder and license. Go ahead and call to verify the numbers.
From the interview, you should establish if the company has the workforce, business acumen, experience and expertise you need. Pick the one that suits your needs best. You should also note that the company that you choose will determine the outcome of your project.